Friday, February 5, 2010

Victor D. Franco

02.05.10

I used to dislike Alfred...I really did, last year. But, it seems that the more I stay here, the more I grow to like it. This has just dawned on me -had one of those 'AHA' moments. I've had some bad experiences here, but...people will be people, wherever we go, right? Yeah...I've done plenty looking at the negative aspect of things; there are times when everything around has seemed hopeless and pitch black. People anger me sometimes...with their indifference and cold way of being. For example, it is rare to find that one person who is bubbly, optimistic and will sit next to the quiet, lonely kid at the table. I admire that type of person...and seek to change for the better with every day I wake to. I dislike stagnant things -therefore, I have resolved to force myself to keep evolving. I try really hard...
Even if that means being the one to, for example, volunteer to speak in front of hundreds of people. This world needs more light, things seem to be getting worse, despite some progress here and there. People...just look miserable these days and it breaks my heart. I want to be a part of the light that will provide at least a little hope.


On a lighter note, perhaps...

hmmm, I forgot what I ate for lunch today. I ate some poorly-cooked pasta that someone brought in at my usual 12 noon to 1 Friday work study meeting...and I have carried an orange around all day that I never got to. Someone always brings something, and its usually dessert.

Off to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment