Monday, February 1, 2010

Figure Drawing: Elliott

Rushing through dinner I was only thinking about making it to class on time. I entered the classroom, saw the horses all in a circle and decided to sit in my regular seat. Pulling out my newsprint pad from the flat file I was dreading the 30 second poses that were bound to be my fate. Charcoal in hand, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch, switch. . . never ending poses all morphing into one movement in my mind. Finally a break and on to longer poses after, the model gets in her pose and the class begins to draw. The model seemed to have been falling asleep her pose shifts as her head leans ever forward forcing me to adjust my drawing. The class ends and the model seems happy to be free of her job as a living statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment