Thursday, February 11, 2010

Arianna

Noticed at 7:30pm

Dinner round two. After realizing that it's been awhile since I've had a vegetable, it's time to pull them out after a dinner of only scrambled eggs. Tasting pre-cut, slightly dehydrated carrots. They still have a juicy sweet center, and I'll admit it: I love them. Then tasting cucumbers. My first bite is large so I can eat most of the seedy innards, then smaller bites to finish off the crescent moon that's left. Then tasting another carrot then tasting a green pepper strip. It tastes sour? No, there's just a lot of spark, bite, snap.

Smelling all of the above, plus cooking vegetable oil from another apartment nearby. Is that... popcorn?

Feeling the soft fuzzy inside of my sweater. Even though it's toasty warm, I'm not. I need more sweaters.

Hearing the heater slightly buzz, then it clankclangclanks off. I wonder if the people below us have a percussion concert every time our heater stops.

Watching my apartment mate as she refills a small ketchup bottle from the large one because only the small one fits in the drawer. We currently have 3 partially filled bottles of ketchup in the apartment. Now they're all on the coffee table. Right next to my film camera.
I should move that.

No comments:

Post a Comment