Thursday, February 4, 2010

Arianna

(Did anyone see my blank post with my misspelled name from a few minutes ago? Classic...)

Noticed at 6:46pm

Smelling nothing: still sick. Because my nose is clear, I still find myself mouth-breathing quite a bit. With my mouth dumbly gaping, my raspy throat sounding like its gasping for air, I'm sure I'm a sight to behold. I actually feel pretty good.

Hearing the hot water heater gurgle from the kitchen, though not as loud as it once was two years ago. That's the only sound (other than my typing), and the silence starts to push on my ears. Now that I notice it, it worsens. I clear my throat to break the tension, which momentarily works, but after a 5-second delay, the pressure comes back.

Tasting AVI Food Services "Hearty Chili," which only consists of taco meat and kidney beans. Unidentifiable spices linger on my breath, which I hope to dispel with my soon-to-be-ready tea.

Feeling, my computer battery heat up as I continue to use it as it charges. Also feeling the little bars on the F and J key which tell me I'm home (in more ways then one). I stand up as my hot water heater makes the characteristic click that I know to mean it's almost done.

As I sink the loose tea holder into the hot water, I watch the water around it turn amber. I stir it a little and watch as ribbons of flavor follow my trail and melt together to a dark caramel. The tea is finally ready and it's now too dark to see the bottom of the mug.

Tastes like ... hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment