Sunday, February 7, 2010

Elliott

Pizza and curly fries with a mixture of Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist and Iced Tea. Couldn't finish, I wasn't very hungry. Zipped up my coat put up my hood and pulled my hands into my sleeves. The long walk back to the suites from Powell was a frigid skin biting experience. Upon exiting the heated building I could feel my muscles tense up in reaction to the temperature outside and my back began to hurt. A cloudless dark blue sky was to blame for the iciness in the air. As Danielle and I walked I came across an ice pond on the side of the path decided to risk sliding on it and continued on my way as the cold penetrated deeper and deeper into my body. Danielle tripped over a pebble and started running similarly to a comment made by Ellen Degeneres that we had seen the night before, trying to act like she didn't actually trip. We were on the last stretch of our walk back to the suites and we finally made it inside, into the inviting heat and I relaxed instantly.

1 comment:

  1. Elliott, Right it was deep cold today, but nice sun light particularly as viewed through my upstairs studio windows. Did you notice that it is staying light longer now than a week or so ago. 6:00PM is now about like 4:30PM two weeks ago. Where is your question about my piece in the faculty show. I am looking forward to a interesting one or two from you. Best, Professor Wayne

    ReplyDelete