Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday morning at the Kellys- Cindi Kelly

Sunday lunch equals cheesy scrambled eggs(2 colors of yellow), italian bread toasting in the toaster, french toast(oh the smell of maple syrup), sausage(just discovered vegetarian sausage, yum), icy cold orange juice on my finger tips, and caramel colored coffee with cream and sugar. Breathe in, breathe out.
Oh by the way, I didn't eat all of this.
The sound of 4 little voices asking for something different. SpongeBob yelling "Fire on the poopdeck", the puppies playing "grrrrr" with each other.
I finish Michael and Mason's french toast. I must test it so I smother it(and I mean smother) in syrup. Oh it tastes good. Better test again.
"Where's my dunking eggs?" hollers Breydon. I look over at his father who is helping me cook breakfast and wait for his answer. Buttering the toast, serving up the eggs, pouring the juice and finally, I sit down to eat my breakfast. Not so hungry anymore but the coffee sure hits the spot. When I finish, I look around at the war zone and contemplate doing the dishes. Maybe if I wait long enough someone else will do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment