Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cindi Kelly's heavenly lunch

I went to lunch with a friend. I tried to be discreet about being mindful as I ate my lunch. She would have understood though. I investigated the cafe we entered. It was cozy, quiet, and comfortable. Many paintings on the wall to give me something to look at. I settled on staring at a painting of a woman rich with browns. I ordered rice bowl curry with seitan. I could hardly contain my excitement at having something so exotic for lunch. It's a good thing I looked at it before I ate it because it was red and full of tomatoes and little square brown things. I asked my friend to taste the brown things because I don't eat meat and it was beef. We called the waitress over to tell her she brought the wrong thing. She tried to argue with me but I won. She took it back and brought me the right lunch. It was served in a beautiful ceramic bowl of blues and greens. The bowl was heavy and felt right for a winter lunch. Hum, not very warm though. I looked at my stew wondering what the green stuff was. Zucchini. Good. The sauce was creamy and spicy. The seitan had just the right amount of texture. The carrots were sliced at an angle and presented nicely in the bowl. I was so intent on my food I heard nothing but the spoon scraping roughly against the ceramic bowl. The savory dish was like a little piece of vegetarian heaven. I wanted to lick the bowl clean but I contained myself. Thank you God, for giving me this excellent lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment