Thursday, January 28, 2010

Justine Cruz

Arriving at Powell around noon there was surprisingly not nearly the amount of loud and stinky students as usual, not having to walk around the sitting area five times before finding a table to squeeze into was rather nice. The booth where we sat was chilly; well at least compared to the blistering hot shop but definitely not as cold as the snowy tundra that was occurring outside all day. Deciding what nasty food to eat today was not much of a challenge, I usually just head for the salad bar because you really cant go wrong, but today there was a surprise! I sat down at the table with my colorful salad that I knew wouldn't taste nearly as good as it looked, I smelled something that could possibly be delectable. It was warm, and cheesy with some strange green lumpy floating masses in it (I know doesn't sound very appetizing) but as I looked over to see my friend spooning this goop into her mouth, I jumped up to get myself a severing of it. As excited as I was, I also spooned this cheesy liquid into my mouth getting that delicious taste of broccoli cheddar soup slipping across my tongue and sliding down my throat, which made this very cold white wintery day so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment