Monday, March 22, 2010

Katherine Lin

Stayed up late last night and woke up early this morning to prepare for my group presentation. It's a 559 paged book report for my history class. We got 7 people in the group and each person speaks approximately a minute. Even though the personal presenting time is short, I still got nervous.

I practice when I need to give a presentation in English. Last night I stayed up late, attempted to re-read the chapters I'll be presenting. I woke up this morning on the living room couch, and went on Google to research pronunciations for the Roman/Greek character names to make sure I do everything to avoid embarrassing mistakes.

There are 15 slides we were showing in class, mines are slide 9 and 10. The class ended before we got to slide 5. Professor says there's no time for the rest of us and we don't need to do it.

This strange frustration still occurs when I have to use my English in public. Critic, class blogs, presentations, and class discussion. Still have to get so paranoid just to make my language sound a little less awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment